Zach LaVine leads the Chicago Bulls (4-8) against the Dallas Mavericks (6-5) after scoring 35 points in a 127-125 loss to the Thunder. The Mavericks are favorites in the game on Sunday, January 17, 2021, which starts at 3:00 PM ET on NBCS-CHI. The point total in the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of January 16, 2021, 3:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Bulls Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 17
Dorian Finney-Smith: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Kristaps Porzingis: Day To Day (Ankle),
Josh Richardson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Dwight Powell: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Jalen Brunson: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Tim Hardaway Jr.: Day To Day (Groin),
Maxi Kleber: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Garrett Temple: Day To Day (Ankle),
Otto Porter Jr.: Day To Day (Back),
Ryan Arcidiacono: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Chandler Hutchison: Out (Self Isolating),
Tomas Satoransky: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
|Spread Pick||Mavericks (-7.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (226)|
|Prediction||Mavericks 118, Bulls 108|
The William Hill line for this game has the Mavericks favored by 7.5, while the model predicts they’ll win by slightly more (9.9 points).
The model’s predicted total (226.4 points) and the William Hill set total (226 points) are virtually the same for this contest.
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Mavericks Key Players
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||11||18.7||4.0||2.1||0.7||0.3||3.8|
Mavericks Player Props
- Luka Doncic’s assists prop total for the game is listed at 9.5 assists, 0.7 higher than his season average of 8.8.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 3.8.
- Maxi Kleber’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.6 blocks higher than his season average of 0.9.
Bulls Key Players
|Wendell Carter Jr.||12||13.1||8.1||2.7||0.3||0.7||0.3|
|Otto Porter Jr.||11||12.4||6.5||1.9||0.7||0.1||2.0|
Bulls Player Props
- LaVine’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 34.5, 3.8 less than his season average of 38.3.
- Wendell Carter Jr.’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 21.5, 2.3 lower than his season average of 23.8.
- LaVine’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 3.7.
- Daniel Gafford’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.6 blocks lower than his season average of 1.1.
- This season, the Mavericks have a 45.3% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.5% lower than the 47.8% of shots the Bulls’ opponents have knocked down.
- Dallas has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 3-1 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.8% from the field.
- Chicago’s record is 3-0-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when its opponents make more than 45.3% of their shots from the field.
- The Bulls’ 47.6% shooting percentage from the field this season is 3.7 percentage points higher than the Mavericks have allowed to their opponents (43.9%).
- Chicago has compiled a 5-1-1 record against the spread and a 3-5 straight up record in games it shoots above 43.9% from the field.
- This season, Dallas has a 5-2 record against the spread and a 6-2 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot higher than 47.6% from the field.
- The Mavericks are making 35% of their three-point shots this season, 3.6% lower than the 38.6% the Bulls allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Dallas has assembled a 3-1 record against the spread and a 3-1 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 38.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Chicago is 2-1 against the spread while putting together a 2-2 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 35% from three-point range.
- The Bulls are knocking down 38.5% of their shots from three-point distance, which is only 6.9 percentage points greater than the 31.6% the Mavericks’ opponents are averaging on the season.
- Chicago has a 6-2-1 ATS record and is 4-6 straight-up when the team hits more than 31.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Dallas has a 5-3 ATS record and a 6-3 straight-up record this season when it makes more than 38.5% of its three-point attempts.
- The Mavericks hit 13.7 three-pointers per game this season, just 0.3 fewer makes per game than the Bulls allow 14.
- Chicago is 2-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall when it makes more threes than its opponents, while Dallas is 0-5 ATS and 0-5 straight up in games when it is out-shot from the three-point line.
- The Bulls are the seventh-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Mavericks give up the fourth-fewest makes from deep.
Mavericks vs Bulls Stat Rankings
|Mavericks Rank||Mavericks AVG||Bulls AVG||Bulls Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from