Julius Randle and the New York Knicks (6-8) are underdogs against Nikola Vucevic and the Orlando Magic (6-7) Monday, January 18, 2021 at Madison Square Garden. The game begins at 12:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The over/under for the matchup is .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from DraftKings sportsbook as of January 18, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Magic vs Knicks Betting Odds
Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Injury Report as of January 18
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Foot),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Knee),
Al-Farouq Aminu: Out (Knee),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Evan Fournier: Out (Back Spasms),
Mo Bamba: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Frank Ntilikina: Out (Right Knee),
Alec Burks: Day To Day (Ankle)
|Spread Pick||Knicks (+1.5)|
|Total Pick||Over (206.5)|
|Prediction||Knicks 109, Magic 103|
While DraftKings has the Magic winning by 1.5, the model has the Knicks taking home the victory, with a considerable margin between the two spreads (7.2 points). Take the Knicks.
The model projects a total 5.3 points higher than the one set by DraftKings for this matchup.
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Magic Key Players
Magic Player Props
- Vucevic’s points prop total for the contest is set at 22.5, 0.3 points less than his season average of 22.8.
- Markelle Fultz’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 25.5, 4.1 greater than his season average of 21.4.
- Vucevic’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Evan Fournier’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals greater than his season average of 1.4.
Knicks Key Players
Knicks Player Props
- Randle’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 20.5, 2.4 points lower than his season average of 22.9.
- Austin Rivers’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 2.0.
- Mitchell Robinson’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
- This season, the Magic have a 43.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.4% lower than the 44% of shots the Knicks’ opponents have knocked down.
- Orlando is 5-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it shoots higher than 44% from the field.
- New York is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 43.6% from the field.
- The Knicks’ 45.1% shooting percentage from the field this season is the same as the Magic have allowed to their opponents.
- New York is 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall when it shoots higher than 48.5% from the field.
- When Orlando’s opponents shoot greater than 45.1% from the field, it is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- The Magic shoot 31.8% from deep, 0.6% higher than the 31.2% the Knicks allow to opponents.
- Orlando has assembled a 6-1 record against the spread and a 6-1 straight-up record in games this season when the team knocks down more than 31.2% of its three-point attempts.
- New York has put up a 4-1 against the spread while going 4-1 overall in games this season when its opponents shoot better than 31.8% from deep.
- The Knicks’ three-point shooting percentage this season (35.4%) is -2.2 percentage points higher than opponents of the Magic are averaging (37.6%).
- New York is 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall when shooting above 37.6% as a team from three-point range.
- Orlando is 5-1 ATS and 5-1 overall in games it shoots over 35.4% from deep.
- The Magic’s 9.8 made three-pointers per game this season are only 0.1 more made shots on average than the 9.7 per game the Knicks allow.
- Orlando has gone 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When New York hits fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-6 ATS and 3-6 straight up.
- The Knicks make the 29th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Magic give up the 18th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Magic vs Knicks Stat Rankings
|Magic Rank||Magic AVG||Knicks AVG||Knicks Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from