Race 1 – TURF
- 7 – PRIZE PORTRAIT – Lopez/Pleas Jr. This combo is lethal at Monmouth. The fact this trainer brings a horse down and places him here and gets Paco says it all for me. Not much to beat in here. They must want this one to break its maiden rather quickly. Also second time out. HUGE PRICE.
- 11 – BETTABE SWIFT – Saez/O’Connel. Lethal combo and again, first time horse in a bad field. Here for a reason.
- 5 – ALEXANDRA AM I – Alvarado/San Antonio. Horse tried turf last out after 3 dirt starts, took to it like green on peas. Horses tend to improve second time on new surface. Must use in all wagers.
Race 7 – TURF
- 3 – JUAN PABLO – Lopez/Delgado. Big closer is a race with some pace. Lopez is lethal coming late on turf. Has been top 3 last two races. Stretches out the extra 1/16 mile today.
- 10 – CONVICT PIKE – Lanarie/Arnold. Big drop in class from 40k N/2. Last race at this level he had an awful trip. The fact the rider sticks show he has something. Could be a really nice price. Exotics.
- 11 – TRAFFIC PATTERN – Irad/Brown. Big drop in class Has been to 3 last three races. Beyers of 73+ are consistent. Most likely favorite.
Race 9 – TURF
- 2 – MACHO BLUE – Meneses/Gallegos. Big drop in class with Beyers in the 83 area on a reg basis. Horse for the course having come in the money 5/5 with three wins. Top 3.
- 7 – WEEKEND DREAMER – Torres/Jolley. Ran 5F in 53.3 last out on this track. That is FAST! Cannot ignore that number. Will not be alone on the front end so pace pressure is a concern.
- 8 – ZANNO – Irad/Ward. Second off the layoff is one of my favorite angles. Solid 70 Beyer in return in a much tougher field. Most likely favorite and should be. Lean to win.
PICK 4 – Races 8-11
Race 8 – 7
Race 9 – 2, 7, 8
Race 10 – 1, 4, 6, 7, 9
Race 11 – 5, 6, 8, 11, 12 (if you can go ALL, do it)
Good luck and thanks for horse racing with Dietz!